Poll Most Important Survival Skills

Home Forums Survival Skills Poll Most Important Survival Skills

This topic contains 38 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Carl Padilla 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

What do you think are the most important survival skills? Please vote and share with us why you think that skill is the most important.

I voted for hunting and fishing simply because I feel like the worst possible scenarios that could happen would require us to be able to live off the land, which also made it a close call with farming and agriculture.

legendarypro

i voted firearms and self defense cuz when the shtf your not gonna make it to live off the land if you cant first protect you and your family from the looters and shooters

ZombieMage

i agree with guns and how to use them be the most important to me

DCortez

I’m going with guns. Stonger men will farm you.

The most important survival skill is the ability to turn off your human emotions when necessary, can you do what is needed to survive without moral and emotional judgement. Kill and eat the family dog, force the neighbors to move out and take their stash.
    Do not over think it, can you be what you need to be so you survive..

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@Tom Firmingham 180 wrote:

The most important survival skill is the ability to turn off your human emotions when necessary, can you do what is needed to survive without moral and emotional judgement. Kill and eat the family dog, force the neighbors to move out and take their stash.
    Do not over think it, can you be what you need to be so you survive..

That is so realistic Tom! Taking the life of somebody that means to do you harm is something most would find easy to cope with, but in reality you’re going to have to do all sorts of things that you morally object to and goes against everything you believe in because your life depends on it.

azurevirus

I would have said knowlege and or good common sense..dont know if they are skills per say but both can be inproved upon in most cases

Alonso1

@legendarypro 44 wrote:

i voted firearms and self defense cuz when the shtf your not gonna make it to live off the land if you cant first protect you and your family from the looters and shooters

I agree with Legendarypro.

BugOutReview

Should have voted guns and self defense, but didn’t.

I did however vote medical which I believe is right up there with the guns and self defense. Due to infections, and all the other good stuff that can happen what good are you if your so ill you can’t even raise your gun much less swing a punch?

cap

without question in my mind, the most important skill/s to have in any survival scenario is the ability to acess your situation and the will to act on it. if you have everything necessary to survive 2 life times you are well preped and have my esteem, but if u dont recognize when you need to cut and run, or what to have when you do, then you have nothing. simeraly you have to recognize when running is no longer required/useful. in any situation, understanding what situation you are realy in is one of the hardest things to do and the most necessary thing to do to survive and thrive in that situation.

Gigabelly

I agree with everything said. I, however, chose bushcraft. I don’t feel it necessary to defend my opinion, because every skill will be useful. I do think that our minds (attitude, situational awareness) will be the most useful skill/tool available to us. That, however, was not an option.

BugOutReview

That is right they are pretty equally useful.

Darkknight

The first one, Hunting and Fishing. Its takes skills and instinct then bullet or hook to hunt or fish successfully.

azurevirus

Picking out of the choices offered..weapons would be #1 ..if one has a few months or more of preps ahead..that buys you time..but you have to protect your preps..lose them you fast run out of time and become a zombie..The longer the event goes on..the more the other choices listed will become a factor..common sense is a must have..no books can teach it, no pill can give it to you and you cant buy it..you either have it or dont..if you dont have it..you cut your chances of survival down alot..then comes the survival mentality..you may have to do something in under normal circumstances you would abhor..you have to be mentally prepared to do whatever it takes ..and be able to live with it after you done it ..if you have to put a 223 round in some kids head (from down the block )or a round of “00” in his chest because hes got his mind set on getting your preps..theres no coming back from that..no undoing it.. and its going to haunt you the rest of your life

vbreferee

I went with Fire Arms and Self Defense, and agree with all that has been stated. If you can’t protect what you have it won’t do you much good when it is taken from you. I had a boss who was talking about prepping with a neighbor. The neighbor was a prepper. My boss wasn’t, but the neighbor didn’t care for guns. My boss loved guns. When the neighbor told my boss how much he had saved, my boss just said ” I’ll be at your house….with my guns” I think the neighbor ruined a good pair of pants.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.