Poll Most Important Survival Skills

Home Forums Survival Skills Poll Most Important Survival Skills

This topic contains 38 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Carl Padilla 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

ralfy

Given peak oil, global warming, and global financial crises, one should eventually zero in on the basics.

tick

Like it says on the cover of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy; Don’t Panic!

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

PhilTheBiker

My answer today is different than my answer two years ago. Today it would be hunting and fishing and not firearms (which would be my second).

tick

Just my humble oppinion.
    Your most important skill would be that that you see with people you dont think of as survivalists; the survivors.
    I go to a quite large European city maybe once every two years and I sometimes see homeless people who, in northern scandinavia, are living with their entire lives in a plastic bag. I spoke to a man once who told me he had been homeless for 16 years and only spent a handful of nights in shelters.

If he had an expensive Fällkniven-knife or a roll of paracord or a Light-myfire© tucked away somewhere I don’t know but not very likely. I would be surprised if he had any extensive tactical training. Just a real survivor. With one hell of a beard.

Point: Survival skill 1-10: Doing what you have to do to survive with what you got at hand and dont worry about looking cool while your doing it.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

ralfy

Given peak oil, global warming, and debt, not to mention a JIT system that allows for only around two weeks’ worth of food, ammo, medicine, and fuel for towns and cities, definitely anything connected to localization.

alwayscross

I’m going with firearms and self defence, mainly because the rest is useless if you cant defend it. You could build a car and hunt a ton of food, its all pointless if someone can just take it of you. Plus hunting and fishing are easy to learn and so is bushcraft. The mechanical how to knowledge and farming while might be hard can be learnt, I managed to teach myself how to farm pretty easily. The only one other one is first aid, that probably second on the list.

juanangel

I choose other, you left out the most important one, Water. Where to find water, how to find it, what to do with it, when and why to get it. Then you can think on doing any other skills.

Euphrosyne
    Participant

Well yeah, guns can be used allways for defend yourself, but for surviving you need much more except guns!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Euphrosyne.

Carl Padilla
    Participant

I will go with having a survival equipment like pepper spray or knife which goes along with self-defense. By the way, I know this site which is this one – > https://survivallife.com/category/do-it-yourself/self-defense/

they have a lot of self defense article. I got some tips from their site. Just thought of sharing probably it can be a big help site. Anyways, for me is self defense or having the right equipment.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.