remotely gathering info

Home Forums Survival Skills remotely gathering info

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  hpb13 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

hpb13

H[ATTACH=CONFIG]2432[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2431[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2430[/ATTACH]. hello all. Been scanning the site & havent noticed anything pertaining to long range recon if shtf (manmade or natural). So heres an idea i use most to see whats in my area since i have alot of trouble from bears. I purchased a quadcopter aka drone i know they get alot of bad rap right now but its how they are used not the technology thats bad. What i actually use is a dji phantom 1 new around 450-500 bucks with camera installed that will transmit to my phone so i can see what its seeing & has the option of taking still pics or video. Here are a few images i took this morning @ roughly 150ft up

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

That’s awesome I would like to see pics of the chopper. They use one at work to take aerial photos of the job site to update as the construction progresses.

Somebody was telling me they got little thing you can clip on you and have the drone follow you around telling me that the example they seen was people surf boarding. I’ve also seen something about some local high school kids that have started a business with their drone getting paid to take aerial photos most specifically for people trying to sell large amounts of acreage.

The technology is fascinating to say the least.

hpb13

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2434[/ATTACH]It is interesting . the reason i got it was to start a business for realtors but come to find out the faa wont allow it. If you get $ they shut you down ..heres the unit . my boss just got one for running up buildings to see problems with our installs.

Andrew

That is very cool. What a great way to get a new perspective on an area.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

What kind of range do you get out of one and where did your buy yours from? I searched dji phantom 1 and only seen pictures of white ones with look slightly different without the corners around the props.

I’m guessing the copter can go further than the camera can relay the signal?

DCortez

I need one and I promise not to use it for evil!

hpb13

Range on this one is 1.5 km . as for this camera it can transmit around 300 ft. But cameras can be updated as well as the camera transmitter can ( look into Fpv transmitters) the units come stock in white i painted mine & added the 2 lights . i purchased this unit off an ebay store for $409 most are around $479 now while the so called upgraded ones ( i.e. phantom 2, phantom 2 vision etc. ) are around 1200-1500. They dont come with the prop guards ( orange things) in the pic. Those are $13-20 for the set. The one i run is their original version & it less regulated from what i been told as for range.& weights less. Most people use a go pro cam anymore since these have replaced the helicopter for close range video making.. This model is a phantom 1 its still available but now called a FC40 .only diffrence is phantom 1 no camera fc40 has this camera & they all except a camera.. Also as for camera range this one will out run its cam range but they have reports from the faa that these have been spotted in Ny @ 6500 ft the air traffic control & pilots landing .& they had fpv ( first person viewing) systems on them. They are still looking for that person.

hpb13

Heres a utube video that is rather interesting.Citizen Drone Warfare – Dangerous Information: Citizen Drone Warfare – Dangerous Information – YouTube

hpb13

Heres a lighter side of the bs not survial related. Epic Halloween Prank by Tom Mabe: Epic Halloween Prank by Tom Mabe – YouTube

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Saw this in my local news today which has me curious to what my state and local laws are regarding drone usage:

HOUSTON — Texas EquuSearch, a Houston-based group involved in searches for missing persons around the nation, said it will resume using drones in its work after a federal appeals court ruled on Friday that a warning the group received to stop using them didn’t have any legal consequences.

Texas EquuSearch had sued the Federal Aviation Administration, seeking to overturn what the group described as an order it had been sent in February by email prohibiting the nonprofit organization from using drones.

Texas Equusearch says it will resume drone after federal court r – 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

hpb13

The faa has tried to put a stop to people using drones for profit but supreme court has ruled their so called laws void. Now theyre trying to write laws & get them passed as to who & where you can fly. & theyre pushing for a total ban on fpv setups ( first person viewing ) with the cameras. As it stands @ this point the only thing for sure it the dont have a clue& camt really enforce jacksh*t.just most people feel thats the feral gov & dont argue. Do a quick search for drone laws by state & yhem take them with a grain of salt..only thing that does stand up in court would be state stalking charges or peeping tom charges..

PhilTheBiker

Yes, it is illegal to use a drone in ANY form for commercial use. So, Teck, using it at work is illegal. I’ve also seen some real estate companies show houses using drones with flyovers of a neighborhood, also illegal. ‘

The FAA has not caught up with todays technology. Even the FCC allows low power FM broadcast stations these days, you would think the FAA would allow drones under certain altitudes.

Cool drone by the way. I wish I had an extra $600 laying around 🙂

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Most of the plants I work in are considered Foreign Trade Zones not even sure the constitution applies at work lol.

hpb13

Actually there are loopholes to drones for profit business. I personally know of 1 guy who does it for a realtor company but he doesnt charge for the flying he charges for the editing of the final video & hosting the final file ..

Andrew

Smart business 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.