Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry Ruger 10/22

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  otis302 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

otis302

The first gun I had was a beat up single shot Winchester model 67 since then I really never had many rim fires if I did it was a Marlin 22 mag so Monday I went to Walmart and got a Ruger 10/22 its a blast and the more I research I see there are different sights stocks and fireing groups at a fraction of what my AR costs, looking at fiber optic sights and a nice wood grain stock would like to find unfinished or a blank Academy has ammo although I got some Federal Premium HV Match that to me was dirty burning, lots of squirrel and rabbits at my spot leaning toward
    s fiber optic sights

Andrew

Good purchase. The Ruger 10/22 is an awesome 22. It is the only one I have any more. The market is flooded with them which makes parts, pieces and accessories easy to find.

PhilTheBiker

I love my 10/22..

I hate that I can’t find cheap ammo anymore for it πŸ™ Sure I can buy a box of 100 for $10, but I use to be able to find a box of 550 for $16.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

It’s a great .22 rifle I honestly don’t shoot it much but the wife & son love to shoot it. It’s sort of been a training rifle for my son and still lots of work in progress for my daughter.

Andrew

I agree that the ammo prices are annoying. Hopefully we will have a normal president elected in 2016 and the market will stabilize.

PhilTheBiker

I’ll be voting. I just hope we don’t end up with another elitist clown.

otis302

The Federal ammo I got was $4.95 at Academy for 50 count

Andrew

You need to buy this piece for your 10-22. You wont know how you lived without it once you have it installed.

PhilTheBiker

@otis302 20199 wrote:

The Federal ammo I got was $4.95 at Academy for 50 count

wow.. That’s $50 for 500 πŸ™

Stocker
    Participant

Interesting tid bit. Went to walmart couple days ago and bought some 12 gauge slugs and oo buck. No limit on purchasing any ammo except .22. Crazy to think that .22 is leaving the shelves faster then any other ammo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.