Spent this past weekend outdoors

Home Forums Survival Skills Spent this past weekend outdoors

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Annabelle Annabelle 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JulioTheSavage
    JulioTheSavage

Here’s a few pics from my outdoor adventure this past weekend. We built some primitive shelters and worked on various other skills. When I get a chance I’ll post some more pics.
    4115e45fd3de6562e3bb0d2fa307b091.jpg
    e511c5977297fde21b0cd7e3fbe6ee88.jpg
    7a5e9f7ff15f371b06eb063a9aeeb50e.jpg
    63fdd609cce5ff2c8415fecdd7ad9049.jpg
    a5373b580a287e564ed88a4cd17c2c8e.jpg

Profile photo of DCortez
    DCortez

Pics not showing. Was beautiful weather here in Houston. The wife, dogs, I spent the weekend and MLK (half) day at our property. Did some minor cleaning, mostly stuff we’d cut before, put some shelves together, and went through a twelve pack of Miller Lite.

The kids hate going up there now, we don’t like them up there, win-win, LOL.

You should have seen the look on their faces when I told them their mother and I were getting a divorce … FROM YOU TWO GOONS!!! :p

It will be nice when she and I don’t have to come home every night.

Profile photo of alwayscross
    alwayscross

yeah the pics aren’t showing, but I can imagen you had good fun.

JulioTheSavage

You can see me in the background of the second pic,lol. With the brown NorthFace hoodie.

JulioTheSavage

2bd31cefebd2b93cc236d8649c0c0c59.jpg
    981f033130f1f79e35a511c1810a91fb.jpg
    3cf2e0850f724b76eedc157e74ee26b0.jpgTeaching a little hand to hand.

Profile photo of alwayscross
    alwayscross

How far out did you go? Didn’t look that far but its hard to tell. I like what you with the shelter, would have been camouflaged.

Profile photo of PhilTheBiker
    PhilTheBiker

Looks like you had fun!

Hey, you know they fly drones over Maryland now and record everything. With that beard and those guns they might think you are part of ISIS 😀

Wish we were closer, I would have gone out with you guys!

JulioTheSavage

@alwayscross 21302 wrote:

How far out did you go? Didn’t look that far but its hard to tell. I like what you with the shelter, would have been camouflaged.

It’s was far from my house, lol. But it was property of some friends. The woods weren’t that far away but we did spend the weekend outside.

JulioTheSavage

@philthebiker 21304 wrote:

Looks like you had fun!

Hey, you know they fly drones over Maryland now and record everything. With that beard and those guns they might think you are part of ISIS 😀

Don’t drone me bro!

JulioTheSavage

@philthebiker 21304 wrote:

Looks like you had fun!

If your ever in the area your more than welcome to hang with us in the woods.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew

I am a bit envious that you all get to spend so much time camping. I suppose I could go by myself but I am not willing to spend the time away from my family. With an 18 month old, 4 yr old and 7 yr old it is difficult to camp outside in weather ranging from 5-20*.

Profile photo of PhilTheBiker
    PhilTheBiker

yeah, too cold to camp this time of year.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew

I am tempted to still go camping…in our back yard. There is a simple satisfaction to sleeping outdoors. First I have to kick the cold I have had for the past 5 days.

Profile photo of otis302
    otis302

I wait all year to camp 2 weeks ago it was 15″ and with my 2 sleeping bags a wool blanket it was good untill at 4:30 when the coyotes started raising hell dog went batshit crazy so I was up I always keep my fire wood I use in the morning covered up with a tarp and now I use cotton pads dipped in wax as a fire starter got it going and had my sassuage and grits all in all the sunrise was well worth it

Profile photo of Annabelle
    Annabelle
    Participant

You must have enjoyed the outdoor experience, love the photos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.