Start your Garden inside

Home Forums Homesteading Start your Garden inside

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Firmingham 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I started my tomatoes plants today from seed in pots in my kitchen and living room by the time they are big enough the weather will be warm enough o trans plant them to the raised beds i have created outside

I use raised beds as moisture is easier to control and i dont have to bend over to pick the terrific tomatoes 🙂

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Reminds me, I didn’t do any fall/winter planting in the garden but I need to work on moving my garden to a different section of the yard making it bigger too. We also have some non edible flower beds around the house that I’d like to maybe add some herbs and other edible plants to.

Jhrdwyn

@Tom Firmingham 1969 wrote:

I started my tomatoes plants today from seed in pots in my kitchen and living room by the time they are big enough the weather will be warm enough o trans plant them to the raised beds i have created outside

I use raised beds as moisture is easier to control and i dont have to bend over to pick the terrific tomatoes 🙂

Good reminder Tom, just ordered (a bit late, moved and catalogs just caught up) seeds to start mine. I too do the raised beds (have photos in my album) not only easier on back, maintaining moisture, keeps the critters/pests out as well and makes fertilizing easier by addressing individual plants needs. Really like to see your beds, mine didn’t make it in the move so if there’s a better option I’m open to learning something new :).

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Last year was my gardening experience and I took over where the previous owner had started. The existing tomato and cucumber plants did well until around August our tomatoes was being attacked quickly by some sort of fruit spider. I did some spray pesticide that was supposed to safe for the plants and it didn’t seem to hurt the plants but didn’t work on the spiders either.

I was going to make a bigger garden area, its a raised bed too a rather small triangle shaped one but after further investigation I realized that the current setup has the most ideal spot in the yard for maximum sun exposure. I bought 4 already growing tomato plants 1 bell pepper and 1 jalapeno plant and that takes up about half the plot. It was my understanding that it was a appropriate time of the year here to start tomatoes and assumed since they had the jalapeno’s and bell pepper’s already growing they’d be ok too. I want to do few other plants probably cucumbers and haven’t decided what else.

BigO329

Well I hadn’t even started my garden yet, but I plan on doing raised bed for the first time this year. I tried container planting last year, my plants did not do good at all. I think my problem last year was the city water. This year my father in law gave me a 55 gallon barrel, so I’m going start saving rain water. I hope, as long as we don’t have the drought we had last year.

James 007

Really this is reliable details i like this actually i was in looking for this details and considering to create a line for this but i have no need to create any line after study out this details anyways thanks for this and have a awesome day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.