stevens scattergun

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry stevens scattergun

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hpb13 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hpb13

Came across this gun about aweek ago & it finally came in . its a Stevens 320 w/ghost ring sights,12ga.& .18.5″ bbl. 5 shot +1 takes up to 3 “. Bought it locally from a new shop intown out the door $235.08 . little higher than online & i still had to wait a week for them to get it in but bfd. Finally shot it this morning on skeet. Recoil is surprisingly low . shot about 250 rds & no problems , except 1 case rip ( junk ammo). My buddy had his 10yr old boy shoot it & he loved it. Its supposedly based on the winchester 1300 , as for upgrades im not sure . but in stock form this is going to be my new everyday toy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2442[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2443[/ATTACH]

DCortez

I have one and it chokes on every 5th round. Emailed the president of Savage, Al something or another, but never received a response. Savage imports these.

Spoke to Al at the NRA convention back in April but didn’t bring it up again.

hpb13

@dcortez 19358 wrote:

I have one and it chokes on every 5th round. Emailed the president of Savage, Al something or another, but never received a response. Savage imports these.

Spoke to Al at the NRA convention back in April but didn’t bring it up again.

whats it doing fte/ftf?

DCortez

@hpb13 19373 wrote:

whats it doing fte/ftf?

Both, I put 200 rounds through it. I didn’t toss it out but wouldn’t recommend it to new users.

Was testing it out for Armed Citizen Project, they were having problems getting Mav 88’s in bulk.

hpb13

Knock on wood so far so good on mine. I looked into the 88 but cant remember where i saw something about it breaking..

DCortez

For experienced users, that don’t mind shaking it up, down, or around, it’s a heck of a gun. I like it much more than the Mav 88 and even my old Winchester 1300.

hpb13

I understand what your sayin & where your commin from. Its a shame tho that unless you spend 500 bucks for a good scattetgun this is the kinda trouble you can expect. Shouldnt be a crap shoot to see if you get a lemon or a runner , i personally have had 2 870 express models from wally world that were total garbage & my nephew had a 1187 blowup ( split reciever that lucky for him only left him with a small scar. Damn shame tho that this is what kinda junk the manf/ retailers put out , welcome to amerika tho..

firemedic4

Got a Stevens over-under 12ga. for trap shooting. Firing pin broke after about 1000 rds, company sent me a new shotgun no questions asked! Have had it ever since and shoot every week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.