Tactical Knife Infographic

Home Forums Gear & Equipment Tactical Knife Infographic

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JulioTheSavage 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

Tactical Knife Infographic. Just like before :D, it’s easier to read in the link: http://www.knifehog.com/t-how_to_select_a_tactical_knife.aspx

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2093[/ATTACH]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I love my gerber I use it everyday hard for me to judge how well the blade actually holds a edge cause I sharpen it often. I like it when a co-worker ask to borrow it and compliments it’s sharpness with a few select profane words. But with the tanto style tip it’s completely useless for skinning game and it’s kind of awkward sharping the 2 different sections of the blade separately.

I think I’m going to eventually get the same style for EDC but with a assisted opening. Once I sliced the tip of my thumb open all the way to bone and halfway thru my thumbnail when I went to sling it open as I had done a millions and the hit the edge of a table closing the blade back with force. After it closed up for months the tip of my thumb look like a set of butt cheeks.

JulioTheSavage

@teknabuzz 17751 wrote:

After it closed up for months the tip of my thumb look like a set of butt cheeks.

Ouch sounds like that hurt. Sorry but on the butt cheeks part I had to laugh.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@juliothesavage 17752 wrote:

Ouch sounds like that hurt. Sorry but on the butt cheeks part I had to laugh.

I had long debated whether or not I was going share this story with my friends here. The knife was really sharp at the time and I believe it was actually the serrated portion that got it but it didn’t hurt when it happen and didn’t even hurt til the next day it felt bruised as hell. Didn’t bleed much at all especially for being able to see the bone, probably needed a stitch or 2 but I kept bandaids wrapped tightly around it which caused it to heal up looking out of proportion one side looking much higher than the other. It’s been a few months and I guess all the work I do with my hands it’s starting to become unnoticeable.

When I was kid I was attempting to take apart one of my remote control cars using my swiss army knife. The plastic around one of the screws was too small for the phillips screw driver to fit into so I heated up the blade the knife on our gas kitchen stove then proceeded to melt away the plastic using the hot blade and I somehow closed the hot blade onto the edge of my wrist. The blade was so hot that I thought I had only been burned but after a few days that wound opened up revealing a really deep cut and 20 years later I can still see the scar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.