Home Forums Homesteading Tiny House

This topic contains 99 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

wow.. very interesting design for a house.. I can’t imagine.. Looks great!

Mrifenbark

Just need some good weather so I can install 2 new windows. It’s been a bit cold here and lots and lots of freezing rain. I have an old claw foot tub that needs the outside wired brushed and repainted but can’t get down the 1/4 mile drive way / road to get to Home Depot for tools. Just seems to be one thing after another holding me back. u2uta6ym.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tick

I’ll upload some pictures of my house when I’m by a computer if I remember.
    Where I live it is concidered small but when I’ve shown it to people online they call it tiny.
    I never been to the USA and my understanding comes purely from pictures and other visual media, but wouldn’t it be fair to say that the average house in Northern America is so large because they tend to be all-in-one type constructions with garage and storage and everything built together in one massive building? I don’t know like I said, but you’re houses would have pretty much the same spaces as, well, most civilized countries? Bedroom, livingroom and so on?
    Sent using Tapatalk for Android

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Our 3 bedroom 2 bath rental is approx 1000sq/feet which I think is about 4 times the size of 12×32 but in America some people with only an extra bedroom have homes well over 2000 sq feet. Personally an ideal home size for me would probably be more like 1200sq feet only to slightly increase the size of living, kitchen, dinning and the master bath each and perhaps reduce the size of kids rooms to allow for another extra room for a man cave.

Mrifenbark

I was a home builder in California for 12 years before I became disabled. The average size home was 2000sf. I have built smaller and a few 3times that size and just don’t see the need for it. I think when my kids get a bit older and I am ready to do this again I will build one around 600sf and that will be more than enough.

Andrew

We are looking at 900-1200 sqft once the kids are out of the house. That a a garage for the cars and camping equipment.

Andrew

This is awesome. It is not a house it is an apartment but the use of space is amazing.

8 spaces stacked in 182 sq ft

Andrew

Here is another really cool one. He doesn’t use the space efficently but it is a beautiful little home.

Andrew

How much space do people really need?

90 sqft

PhilTheBiker

I could never live in 90sq feet, but that’s just me. Now if I owned a sail boat and was touring the Caribbean I could make it work 🙂

But not long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boisdarc

Andrew I love that zen house, have watched their other video also kind of hippie swag communal farm awesome building.

Andrew

There is 19 house of videos in one of the Tiny House playlists I have been watching on YouTube. There are alot of good ideas out there. I have been particularly focusing on how to most efficiently use space while still maintaining a relaxing livable space.

Mrifenbark

I have been all over the net and watched a ton of videos. Money is the only thing holding me back. LoL. I will be starting on the first phase of our cabin next week, and hopefully will be able to move in, in about a month since I will be doing all the work myself. We’ll I’m sure me two girls will try to help also. So it might take a bit longer. I will be taking pics of the whole process to show how it can be done without a 15,000 to 20,000 budget. I am starting out with only spending the 5,000 on the shell of the cabin, and around 3,000 on the interior just to make it livable. Work to begin in about week from now.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@mrifenbark 17160 wrote:

I have been all over the net and watched a ton of videos. Money is the only thing holding me back. LoL. I will be starting on the first phase of our cabin next week, and hopefully will be able to move in, in about a month since I will be doing all the work myself. We’ll I’m sure me two girls will try to help also. So it might take a bit longer. I will be taking pics of the whole process to show how it can be done without a 15,000 to 20,000 budget. I am starting out with only spending the 5,000 on the shell of the cabin, and around 3,000 on the interior just to make it livable. Work to begin in about week from now.

Keep us updated, I’m really looking forward to seeing your progress as maybe not so much the small aspect of it but the do it yourself with minimal cash money is of interest to me.

PhilTheBiker

That lady with 90 sq feet in NYC. That’s just crazy. I’m sure it is perfect for some people, but there is now way I could do it. How the heck do you change your sheets on that bed? I’m blessed to have the space that I have and I wish I had another 5 acres around my house. Maybe as the older generation dies off I’ll be able to buy some more land.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.