Home Forums Homesteading Tiny House

This topic contains 99 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author

Andrew

Phil, There are many with folks that have even less space. I have probably read about or watched videos on 20-30 tiny houses/small spaces in the past week. If I remember correctly there was a guy that lives in 83 sqft

Andrew

Here si the one I was talking about. It is 78 sqft. I do not think he uses his space efficiently. There is alot of vertical space that could be utilized.

PhilTheBiker

$800 a month????? WTH…. I can’t imagine…. When you can stretch your hands out and touch both walls in your house, your house is probably too small.

What amazes me is that he had the tools to build the ‘door’ on his closet.

The guy works from home and pays $800 a month. Hell, I’d live in another state, pay $400 a month, have an acre of land, and live in an RV if I as concerned about having to ‘furnish’ my house.

With all of the regulations in New York City I’m shocked the city even allows this small of an apartment.

Andrew

I am amazed he is able to live without the ability to cook anything. He has a microwave but seriously. I am guessing he eats at least 2 meals a day at restaurants. That cannot be cheap.

Andrew

Not really a house but interesting and can loosely fit into this category. It at least half fits. It is Tiny. You be the judge whether it is a house.

Flat-Packed Emergency Shelter

emergency-shelter-carter-williamson-architects-700x698.jpg

Sharpe

I live in a small house, not as small as some of the ones here, but i can see the other end of the house from my bedroom. but its a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with an addition on it. I would love to move into something smaller because i love the look of them, so compact :).

PhilTheBiker

It’s one thing to live in a studio apartment with a mini kitchen build into the wall, but it’s another to have a home that you can’t lay down on the floor in any direction because even when the house is empty you’ll hit a wall. My old place in Baltimore was 15×20 and two stories plus an unfinished basement. It was small. We made it work for us. I would never want a perminent home smaller than that place unless I had a lot of space outside. The problem in NYC is that there is no space outside.

And I’m sure you are right, he probably eats out a lot. Then again, he so vegan so he might buy a lot of salads and stuff that does not need to be cooked.

People like this vote for elected officials and probably don’t understand why anyone needs more space.

Also, seems like all these tiny house people are single…. Hummmmm….

Andrew

This house is pretty cool. I like how he recessed the cabinets into the walls between the studs.

Mrifenbark

I am building a 12″wall between the bathroom and the kitchen to be able to use the space on both sides for cabinets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PhilTheBiker

The 252 sq foot house is something that if I was single I could live in. I still can’t imagine those other places. Mrifenbark, I hope your project works out!

Andrew

Here is a storage shed that someone is looking at using as a base. It helps you visualize what could be.

Andrew

@philthebiker 17226 wrote:

The 252 sq foot house is something that if I was single I could live in. I still can’t imagine those other places. Mrifenbark, I hope your project works out!

I agree most of them are much smaller then I would want to live in as a main dwelling. The value in the videos is seeing how they utilize the limited space they have. I want a full size oven and refrigerator and a full size shower and toilet. I am not adverse to integrating storage into every nook and cranny in the house though. I want to use lofts as bedrooms since the only other thin in our bedroom is storage (clothes). All that other bedroom space is wasted. I want to live int he smallest house that my wife and I can tolerate. In order to do that you have to efficiently use the space you have. Like I said, I am thinking 900-1200 sqft.

Mrifenbark

My 12×32 is set up the same way with the loft inside. I do however have to remove 4′ of my loft to be able to have a taller ceiling in the bathroom. I will be using a claw foot tub and being 6’2″ I need the room. I will put the 20 gal water heater, pump, and filters above the bathroom with an access panel from the loft to make it easy to change the filters. We chose ours so as not to loose the floor space with the wrap around porch. I will add the front porch after we move in and for far less than the $2000 they wanted to build it.

Mrifenbark

I have a Facebook page just for our cabin build if anyone is interested. Still trying to figure out how to post a link to it, but it can be accessed thru my Facebook page. If anyone know how to post a Facebook link please let me know. Thanks

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@mrifenbark 17244 wrote:

I have a Facebook page just for our cabin build if anyone is interested. Still trying to figure out how to post a link to it, but it can be accessed thru my Facebook page. If anyone know how to post a Facebook link please let me know. Thanks

When you created the page shoukdve given you an option for the URL example Facebook.com/zombielyptic

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.