Home Forums Homesteading Tiny House

This topic contains 99 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@andrew.anderson 17168 wrote:

Not really a house but interesting and can loosely fit into this category. It at least half fits. It is Tiny. You be the judge whether it is a house.

Flat-Packed Emergency Shelter

Couldn’t find a price tag on it but was curious. I like how the base legs is adjustable similar to scaffolding legs allowing it to be leveled out on any terrain.

PhilTheBiker

This house looks pretty stunning!

Like I said a small house inside is only ok if you have a big outside!
    https://sftimes.co/?id=93&src=share_fb_new_93
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2036[/ATTACH]

DCortez

$79,000 is too rich for me.

@philthebiker 17444 wrote:

This house looks pretty stunning!

Like I said a small house inside is only ok if you have a big outside!
    https://sftimes.co/?id=93&src=share_fb_new_93
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2036[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

Too rich for me too! But I’m sure if someone was good at carpentry they would knock it out for a lot less!

Andrew

This one is pretty nice looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2079[/ATTACH]

DCortez

That’s pretty nice.

Andrew

Here is one that is 600 sqft that looks like a real house, just smaller. I like the closet in this one. I love to see how efficient some of these folks are at using all the space available to them.

PhilTheBiker

Reminds me of my old townhome in Baltimore. It was 15 feet wide, 20 feet deep and three levels. The stairs took up a huge amount of realestate and technically the basement didn’t count as ‘living’ space especially when it flooded. We had our laundry machine down in the basement, a couch and a big screen TV, some storage, but everything was 3 – 4 inches off the ground just in case!

The main level had a very small kitchen, and like these people, smaller appliances. Dishwasher was 18 inches wide I think and the fridge was a little smaller than normal. Microwave was mounted under a cabinet to preserve space. The dinning room always had the family table pushed to one side unless we had company. The living room had a small TV and a love seat. Upstairs was a small bathroom, master bedroom I want to say was 12 x 12 and the guest room was 9×12 or something like that.

The government listed the house as 736 square feet and the total land area was listed as 1472sq feet.

It would not have been bad except there was no outside space. It was so cramped! I could live in 736 square feet IF I had the ability to walk outside and not see a neighbor. But that’s just me!

Here is a picture of the row home block i lived in. I’ve outlined each of the row homes. Each was 15 foot wide. The home on the far left was a hispanic family, and I think as many as 6 adults and 2 kids lived in that house, I have no idea how!

Something else, my new home cost just as much in my electric and gas bill as my old home and this place is 3 times larger.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2094[/ATTACH]

Andrew

That is small. Basement flooding sounds like a nuisance.

PhilTheBiker

Flooding would happen about once, sometimes twice a year, never more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch but I never wanted to risk stuff being to close to the ground. The sump pump was on the other side of the house, on the high side of the house, imagine that. Who ever put that sump pump in put it on the high side, smh. But yes, it was a small house, i’m happy I don’t live there any more.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Pretty cool article which has some other relevant info for those interested in tiny houses:

This couple built their own tiny home for $10,000

The article claims the couple used this free software to design the house:
    SketchUp | 3D for Everyone

Andrew

“For a few months, every two weeks I’d go through most of my belongings to pick out different items to donate,” Jess says. ” I had this weird sense of feeling like I needed them. After two to three rounds, it became a lot less painful to let go.”

That is always difficult. Getting rid of stuff that is still useful but you really don’t need it.

PhilTheBiker

@teknabuzz 17779 wrote:

Pretty cool article which has some other relevant info for those interested in tiny houses:

This couple built their own tiny home for $10,000

The article claims the couple used this free software to design the house:
    SketchUp | 3D for Everyone

It looks like they created an RV on an open trailer bed. I wonder if it’s still parked at the parents house? Pretty smart kids by not getting into heaps of debt right off the bat.

PhilTheBiker

Interesting read, especially for something that came out of the communist occupy movement.

Tiny houses help address nation’s homeless problem

Andrew

Here is another very well designed one that is actually on a trailer.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.