Waterproofing boots.

Home Forums Gear & Equipment Waterproofing boots.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andrew

Most folks likely know this trick already but the video is a good demonstration of the shoe polish/waterproofing and heat technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAOtSW03Bus

If you have experience with this technique or want to share another one you believe works well please share.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

From my experience with the old style jungle boots if you keep them good and polished often the polish alone keeps them waterproof.

Andrew

@teknabuzz 18979 wrote:

From my experience with the old style jungle boots if you keep them good and polished often the polish alone keeps them waterproof.

I would say it keeps them water resistant but not waterproof and definitely Not enough to keep your feet dry in the morning when the grass is covered with dew or rain from the night before. I hate wet feet.

otis302

I guess that is todays tricks what I have used for years is mink oil you can warm it up or use it out of the can and works perfectly. and you dont need hair dryers welders or any other thing that uses a power cord.

Andrew

@otis302 18985 wrote:

I guess that is todays tricks what I have used for years is mink oil you can warm it up or use it out of the can and works perfectly. and you dont need hair dryers welders or any other thing that uses a power cord.

I use mink oil also. When we wore black boots all I was allowed to use was black shoe polish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.