Weapons of mass destruction MBR

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry Weapons of mass destruction MBR

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Firmingham 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My MBR is aRuger Mini 14 in 7.62 cal it is a sweet shooting weapon easy to shoot and to control and yet powerful enough for the largest of zombies in the PAW we will need as much fire power as we can get our hands on. currently in stock at BOL #1 is 20,000 rnds of .223 and 10,000 rnds of 7.62
    I am ready for ZA at any minute 😎

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

That some awesome firepower there Tom! I have a SKS so I know how expensive that 7.62 ammo can be. Do you keep all your ammo in ammo cans?

AmbientTech

if you can afford that ammount of those high calibers which should be sufficient to hold mobs or hordes zombies for quite some time i dont think it be a bad idea to have a even larger supply of .22 ammo being its so much cheaper

All my ammo is either in ammo cans or in fire proof safes – i do keep a loaded weapon in each room of the house for easy and fast access – some of my ammo is at BOL #1

killtargetgc

I am going to do the same, keeping a gun in every room…I haven’t done it yet and I feel that’s a little naive.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I have kids so firearm safety and awareness is very important in my house.

DCortez

I used to think people who kept guns throughout the house were a tad off. One day, while sitting on my throne, there was a very loud noise outside the house…

shottist

actually, your killers will have the use of 9900 rds of those 10,000 People just assume that looters are inept, the inept ones will be killed the first week of shtf. after that, they will know to use darkness and stealth, or mount steel plate, or whatever on vehicles, and drive right up to your place,. It takes a LOT of time to get hits, and while you are hitting a few, the rest are overrunning you. You will be lucky to fire 3 30 rd mags, with any effect, that is. it takes 3 seconds to swap mags in a Mini-14. men run 30 yds in 3 seconds. it takes 1 second per shot to hit dodging men at 200 yds, too. they’ll get that close, with darkness or vehicles.

shottist

you can easily double the money that you spent on that ammo, by selling it right now. Do it, before the prices drop. People who are too damned lazy to simply just always have a 1 lb pocket pistol in a front pants pocket holster ARE more than just a “tad” off, dudes. Leaving loaded guns lying around is just plain stupid. the only gun that should be outside of a locked vault is the one that’s inside your ccw holster, worn on your person. If you can’t afford a vault, then the guns have to be taken apart and the parts well hidden and scattered about your home. This tactic will probably keep a burglar or an untrustworthy person (who your kids let in, or who got in by stealth, force, or subterfuge, from accessing/stealing a gun that is instantly ready to kill an innocent.

shottist

the definition of a “main battle rifle” is one that is semiauto, takes a detachable box magazine, and uses a full power rifle cartridge, such as a 308. So, no, the mini-30 is not an mbr.

locotonyf

@killtargetgc 153 wrote:

I am going to do the same, keeping a gun in every room…I haven’t done it yet and I feel that’s a little naive.

NOT keeping a gun in every room is a bit naive. What good are guns upstairs if you suffer a home invasion while downstairs? I keep guns all over the house too.

locotonyf

@shottist 12674 wrote:

the definition of a “main battle rifle” is one that is semiauto, takes a detachable box magazine, and uses a full power rifle cartridge, such as a 308. So, no, the mini-30 is not an mbr.

His personal MBR is whatever he decides it is. A military organization such as the US Army may have different standards than a civilian who chooses his own.

locotonyf

@Tom Firmingham 86 wrote:

My MBR is aRuger Mini 14 in 7.62 cal it is a sweet shooting weapon easy to shoot and to control and yet powerful enough for the largest of zombies in the PAW we will need as much fire power as we can get our hands on. currently in stock at BOL #1 is 20,000 rnds of .223 and 10,000 rnds of 7.62
    I am ready for ZA at any minute 😎

Sounds prepared to me. I love the Minis.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.