What Have You Bought To Prepare This Week?

Home Forums Planning & Preparation What Have You Bought To Prepare This Week?

This topic contains 135 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
  • Author

firemedic4

I made up the name. Mostly trauma stuff: gauze, tape, bandages, splints, wraps, various pads. Also added some medical instruments. Anyone with a specific medical condition should bring related medications. IE glucose for diabetes, nitro for cardiac etc. Need to scale it down a bit, to big for a bug out kit! Anyone wanting a complete list just drop me a line and I’d be happy to get one to you.

DCortez

@teknabuzz 14115 wrote:

DCortez, where are you getting the 32% savings?

Nitro Pak, not on every product. As usual, they lure you in and you have to do the math. Still saved 25+% on most things I wanted.

otis302

I have just ordered a Timber Creek 36×21 canvas duffle bag $16.96 at Academy I have read about having a heavy and light bag my bob will be on me and the dufflle will hold things that make it comfy but not to nessasary, got a new distributor for the truck the only thing I have not replaced on it yet $78.00 one of the good things about old trucks is that parts are very reasonable.

PhilTheBiker

otis302

This year camping it will be like staying at the holiday in express[ATTACH=CONFIG]1505[/ATTACH] got duffle bag at Academy shipping was $5.00 and I got it today SAT.the air mattress ways $11.00 at Wally World.

PhilTheBiker

I have the worst luck with air mattresses. My fat butt causes even new ones to lose air after just one night! We now have cots that we take with us when camping.

otis302

cots are great iniital cost about $70.00 or so but I rely on what I can tote and last year I tried to sleep in the back of the truck hard as a rock and did not sleep much at all like any thing else read the reviews. Thats why what every I buy I read the reviews saves money and time

PhilTheBiker

I put two cots together and then toss a futon mattress on top of them.. Not very portable though.

PhilTheBiker

My chickens gave me their first egg!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1506[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

I just checked, i found a second egg. It must have been laid sometime after the first one! Woot!

boisdarc

Didn’t buy them this week, but came in the mail. Mylar bags and 300cc O2 absorbers- put up about 20 pounds of rice.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I have a camper at the lease, it’s one of those small ones that go on the back of a truck but it beats sleeping in a tent on the ground and it has shelves and places to store things and be protected by the elements. I might have to get me one of those inflatable mattresses for it like the one you got there Otis.

codedarm

Don’t forget some things to pass the time with.. very simple yet easily forgotten.

Passtime For Zombie Apocalypse

boisdarc

this week, another 20# bag of rice and a new little camp stove, the stove is kind of cheap and is more for a camping trip i’m going on, but could be considered a prep.

PhilTheBiker

60+ Ball canning jars 🙂 Hope to can some veggies and rabbit soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.