What Have You Bought To Prepare This Week?

Home Forums Planning & Preparation What Have You Bought To Prepare This Week?

This topic contains 135 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Author

bigpaul

i’ll fit a couple of hooks so I can add a sling later, I use an Alice frame pack.

PhilTheBiker

Canned 20 pints of salsa. Hope to can 20 more over the next week or so, garden looks ready to pull more tomatoes.

I think I’ve pulled about 100 pounds of tomatoes out of the garden so far this year. About to pull corn.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I don’t know how I’ve managed to neglect this thread so badly. There are weeks when we don’t purchase any preparedness items but those don’t happen too often but most of the time here lately it’s only been to restock supplies of things we already have.

@philthebiker 20027 wrote:

Canned 20 pints of salsa. Hope to can 20 more over the next week or so, garden looks ready to pull more tomatoes.

I think I’ve pulled about 100 pounds of tomatoes out of the garden so far this year. About to pull corn.

One day I hope to share similar stories from the homestead that I can say it was PhilTheBiker that inspired me.

Overkill244

I bought ghost peppers and alcohol to make pepper spray. It sucks, in a good way. I bought 200 rounds of various ammunition. That is all.

PhilTheBiker

I harvest half of my corn today and turned this:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2520[/ATTACH]
    into this and put it into the freezer:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2521[/ATTACH]

And then I turned the 20 pounds of tomatoes I harvested from the garden today along with some hot peppers and green peppers from my wifes uncles garden
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2522[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2523[/ATTACH]

Now look like this:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2524[/ATTACH]

Total cost, under $10 counting the seeds, the lids, the tomato paste I had to pick up and whatever it cost me to run the natural gas stove. I already had the jars 🙂

PhilTheBiker

Here is a look at my rack of stuff. Maybe someday I’ll orginize. About 80% of what is on here is what I have done this harvest season alone.

We also bought half a pig today and it’s in the freezer. Raised at my wifes aunt and uncles farm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2530[/ATTACH]

Because some of it is hard to read.

Sweet Relish, Deer meat, green beans, salsa, onions, potatoes.

There is also some camping gear as you can see, some canning supplies, and a fuel siphon 🙂

firemedic4

Stocking up on more AA batteries. Trying to keep battery powered stuff that uses AA only.

alwayscross

@firemedic4 20130 wrote:

Stocking up on more AA batteries. Trying to keep battery powered stuff that uses AA only.

Convert AAA Batteries Into AA Batteries with Tin Foil
    Just in case you didnt know, this may come in handy.

boisdarc

No big purchases, but some small first aid items. We have a dollar store where I live that everything actually is a dollar. They always have band aids, 4 by 4 pads, small iodine and alcohol bottles, stuff like that. I’m slowly filling up a 33 gallon tub of first aid stuff. We have from dental first aid and sutures to some antibiotics. There is a lot we don’t have(at least according to Ragnar Benson), but were working on it. I will say if you haven’t bought clove oil for dental first aid you are missing out, I had a recent bought of dry socket-clove oil and a small piece cut from a 2 by 2 pad can save your sanity.

alwayscross

Unfortunately I ordered few things online but it still hasn’t arrived, when it does I will post some pictures. But I did by some wound wash, small chain as im making my own neck knife, more bandages, a lighter and some alcohol. I will upload a picture once its all together.

EricaTheRed

I was on a mission to complete my water prep needs. Recent purchases include the Water BOB for the bathtub, a Life Straw for my GHB and some more tablets. I’m getting there.

My sister is going to teach me how to can foods soon as my grapes are ready to harvest, which should be this weekend.

The prepping continues…

alwayscross

Bought some mints and decided to use its metal tin, like a small survival tin which wont catch attention. Well apart from people who want mints.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2549[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2550[/ATTACH]

Currently have in it a tiny folding knife, matches, cotton ball, plaster and water purification tablets. Any other ideas will be good as long as it can fit in the tin, the bubble rap is just there so it doesn’t rattle and make noise.

kjpilot

I bought 1 box 38 special 10 lbs pinto beans that i store in juice jugs with o2 absorbers, one 8×12 camo tarp that was at a discount store and on sale $4 great buy love them sales . Going to can up 50lbs potatoes next week to add to what i have never to much

firemedic4

Did my schedualed check of BOBs. Added and subtracted a few items. Stay home with the girlfriend who had surgery to pamper her and loaded some more ammo. 600 rds. in 3 days![ATTACH=CONFIG]2616[/ATTACH]

boisdarc

25 pounds of salt, 4 pounds of sugar, and found I need to order more mylar and o2 absorbers.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.