what kind of side arm are you sporting?

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry what kind of side arm are you sporting?

This topic contains 104 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  otis302 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • Author

sickboy

Springfield XD(M) 3.8 9mm- 19 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. I’d rather have the round capacity and make my shots count.

Andrew

I bought a 3″ 1911 earlier this week. I ordered a nice Dom Hume IWB holster yesterday so I will see how it carries after I make it to the range and the holster arrives.

Andrew

soon our NY friends will be posting thier favorite revolvers on here.

druid

I know this thread’s a little cold but still thought i’d throw my 2 cents in.

My favorite carry gun is my Steyr M40-A1. I love that thing πŸ˜€

The only down side to the Steyr is that parts are not exactly common nor easy to come-by in the wild. Guess that’s what the Sigs are for πŸ™‚

SCpatriot

I still carry the same S&W .38spl my dad gave me 20 years ago. I also carry another .38spl in an ankle holster. I like my revolvers.

Andrew

@scpatriot 11771 wrote:

I still carry the same S&W .38spl my dad gave me 20 years ago. I also carry another .38spl in an ankle holster. I like my revolvers.

Do you have any issues with carrying a revolver?

otis302

do you cary speed loaders?

SCpatriot

No, I don’t have any speed loaders, but years of practice and use and I load pretty quick. If I am near my truck, (and I’m always near my truck or can shoot my way to my truck) the 12 gauge behind the seat comes into play and a 12 gauge is a pretty effective game changer. I also have a little Beretta Tomcat 22LR in my back pocket and a couple of extra magazines in my other pocket. I do have a lot of pockets, I usually wear overalls with plenty of pockets.

shottist

50 ft is 5x too far to be trying anything with a handgun, when it’s for real. the blasts, flashes, targets using cover, moving, bad light, and your not having ear protection will just mean that you miss and miss and miss. If you are teaching yourself to do that, it’s a dummmy move. So is teaching yourself to just stand there, fully exposed to enemy fire. If they have longarms, they will surely kill you at such a range. If they have pistols, they can’t hit you as you move (laterally) to cover, except by sheer accident.

Andrew

@scpatriot 11786 wrote:

No, I don’t have any speed loaders, but years of practice and use and I load pretty quick. If I am near my truck, (and I’m always near my truck or can shoot my way to my truck) the 12 gauge behind the seat comes into play and a 12 gauge is a pretty effective game changer. I also have a little Beretta Tomcat 22LR in my back pocket and a couple of extra magazines in my other pocket. I do have a lot of pockets, I usually wear overalls with plenty of pockets.

I suppose the years of practice helps. I have picked up four revolvers int he past 6 months. 2 .357 and 2 38 SPC. I am searching for some good deals on 44 MAG now. I don’t currrentlly have conceal carry holsters for any of them but I did order one for my little 5 shot 38 SPC so I will try carrying it when the holder arrives.

How do you like the Tomcat? I was looking at those about 6 years ago and never got around to buying one.

PhilTheBiker

I’d like to get one of those revolvers that does not have an exposed hammer. Friend of mine has a 38 special revolver. I loved shooting it.

Andrew

Do you know what make and model your friend has? All the revolvers I have purchased recently are used and I am not wanting to spend what most of the nicer hammerless ones are going for.

shottist

the tomcat is .32, the BOBCAT is the .22lr.

PhilTheBiker

Pretty sure it was this one.

Product: Model 642LS

Andrew

@philthebiker 12610 wrote:

Pretty sure it was this one.

Product: Model 642LS

That is a nice gun but I would never spend that much on a revolver.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.