what kind of side arm are you sporting?

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry what kind of side arm are you sporting?

This topic contains 104 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  otis302 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author

shottist

normally, just the Kahr CM9, but if need be, also the LDA Para Ord. The LDA can get 70 grs to the same 2200 fps as the pocket 356 gets 45 grs,, for 700 ft-lbs, not 500. Since the segmented bullet splits in half lengthwise at impact, there’s 2 wound channels per shot and they diverge, with the hard, sharp corneded, tumbling pcs of metal doing tremendous amounts of damage and inflicting so much pain that it is most unlikely that more than one hit will be needed. With the pocket 9, to get up over 90% reliability of stopping an attack, it’s necessary to get a fast double hit on the chest.

Andrew

@andrew.anderson 12632 wrote:

That is a nice gun but I would never spend that much on a revolver.

I have to amend my earleir statement. I would never spend that much ona revolver in the caliber of .357 or lower. I am now looking for a .44 Magnum or .454 Cassul revolver and it appears I will be spending near that much on one

boisdarc

At work on the road I open carry a smith and wesson model 64-(we have no choice in the matter it is mandatory) it is a .38 wheel gun and it typically functions flawlessly. I personally have no love for the long and UNcrisp trigger of the double action, but believe me they are possibly SUPER IDIOT proof. You aim squeeze and it shoots every time-honestly, I work with some fairly dumb people(sometimes it is me)-and they haven’t found a way to really break one yet. At home, we have a cheaper model sig-sauer 9mm model p225/p6-I can’t swear to it but I believe it is the precursor to the p226 it is a single stack magazine though.

Andrew

@boisdarc 14566 wrote:

At work on the road I open carry a smith and wesson model 64-(we have no choice in the matter it is mandatory) it is a .38 wheel gun and it typically functions flawlessly. I personally have no love for the long and UNcrisp trigger of the double action, but believe me they are possibly SUPER IDIOT proof. You aim squeeze and it shoots every time-honestly, I work with some fairly dumb people(sometimes it is me)-and they haven’t found a way to really break one yet. At home, we have a cheaper model sig-sauer 9mm model p225/p6-I can’t swear to it but I believe it is the precursor to the p226 it is a single stack magazine though.

There is nothing wrong with revovlers. Like you said. They are idiot proof and they function every time.

My wife has a P6 Model 225 also. They where made fro the German Police and later imported to the US as surplus. She loves the gun.

firemedic4

My ” American Express”, never leave home without it. S&W .38 special +p, 5 round, 2 inch revolver carried IWB.

Andrew

Just bought this today. Looking for a conceal carry holster. Any suggestions?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1561[/ATTACH]

moms_carry_2

I carry a Ruger .38 in my purse and a Taurus .380 in a flashbang.

Andrew

Moms C,

Which model(s) do you carrry?

moms_carry_2

Taurus TCP, Ruger LCR

Andrew

@moms_carry_2 14628 wrote:

Taurus TCP, Ruger LCR

Nice. How do you like them? I have the Ruger LCP and have been looking at acquiring another one of getting a TCP.

PhilTheBiker

Just open carried my Glock 17 into my local bank and the DQ. No weird looks, no one cared. I was open carry in Radio Shack the other day and I thought the college kid was going to shit his pants. I’m sure he is not local and has probably never seen someone open carry in his life.

Andrew

@philthebiker 14640 wrote:

Just open carried my Glock 17 into my local bank and the DQ. No weird looks, no one cared. I was open carry in Radio Shack the other day and I thought the college kid was going to shit his pants. I’m sure he is not local and has probably never seen someone open carry in his life.

I did not know you could carry in banks.

PhilTheBiker

No issues here in PA unless it’s posted you are fine. Check out Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum lots of good stuff!

Overkill244

One time I was carrying a shotgun, AK-47, M-4, MP5, and 1911 to my apartment and I walked around a corner right into a police situation in which a gunman was being taken down. I did a non chalant about face within 2 seconds and walked away. That was awkward.

Andrew

@overkill244 14851 wrote:

One time I was carrying a shotgun, AK-47, M-4, MP5, and 1911 to my apartment and I walked around a corner right into a police situation in which a gunman was being taken down. I did a non chalant about face within 2 seconds and walked away. That was awkward.

Clearly they had more pressing matters to deal with.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.