Who Wants a Survival Grip?

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry Who Wants a Survival Grip?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JulioTheSavage 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

Interesting foregrip for your railed rifle.

Survival Grips | Firearm Grips & Accessories | Finger Guard Black Anodized With OD Green Grip

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2264[/ATTACH]

Andrew

My first thought was that you might end up with broken fingers if you needed to release your grip on the rifle and could not get your hand away fast enough. My second thought was, are those brass knuckles that detach from the grip?!? I was disappointed to see learn that they are not.

JulioTheSavage

@andrew.anderson 18554 wrote:

My first thought was that you might end up with broken fingers if you needed to release your grip on the rifle and could not get your hand away fast enough. My second thought was, are those brass knuckles that detach from the grip?!? I was disappointed to see learn that they are not.

They aren’t “brass” knuckles but they are knuckle dusters. And they do detach.

Andrew

Still not as cool as brass (or iron, or aluminum or tin foil) knuckles.

JulioTheSavage

@andrew.anderson 18559 wrote:

Still not as cool as brass (or iron, or aluminum or tin foil) knuckles.

True they wouldn’t have the weight behind them, but they would be heavy on the front of the rifle.

Andrew

I received an email yesterday from Florida Gun Supply that was all about these grips.

DCortez

I’d go for it so long as it was legal and you could slide them right out. 😎

Andrew

It looks like they slide right out. I am not sure which states they are legal and which they are illegal in though.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@andrew.anderson 19595 wrote:

It looks like they slide right out. I am not sure which states they are legal and which they are illegal in though.

Here if I was pulled over, searched and they found the brass knuckles in my vehicle they’d probably charge me with Unlawful Carrying Weapons a Class A misdemeanor. Funny how the law works cause a pistol and or rifle found in the vehicle probably wouldn’t result in any legal penalties long as there was no questionable intent or obvious guilt of another crime.

It’s going to be to police officers discretion whether or not to arrest and charge you for that and he is probably going to go with what is reasonable reason to have some brass knuckles. With a pistol self defense is a valid reason. With a rifle long as your not just cruising around aimlessly you still have a legitimate reason.

A few years ago a co-worker of mine was arrested and charged with the above charge for brass knuckles in Brazoria County that came with a belt designed to be a belt buckle. He had the knuckles and the belt in his glove box but they was separated, knuckles was in a paper sack and the belt wasn’t both of which was purchased together from a local flea market. The co-worker was from Mexico and I don’t think he really understood the charges he had done plead guilty before I found out about it but I told him he should have fought the charge with legal representation.

Andrew

Seems like a stupid thing to outlaw.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@andrew.anderson 19598 wrote:

Seems like a stupid thing to outlaw.

It is silly and all we can ask for is that police use good judgement when making such a decision. If your not guilty of wrong doing in court I doubt you’ll be found guilty but that still cost money to defend your innocence. It’s not just brass knuckles it’s any kind of common “alternative weapon” things like machete’s and even baseball bats and the way it’s supposed to work is greatly depends on what your intent may be.

Stocker
    Participant

The problem I see is that unless your ambidextrous the knuckles won’t really work to full potential, as your probably pulling the trigger with your dominant hand. Taking the nay sayer role on this one. Although it does look to be well made.

Andrew

It is overpriced and unneeded so I would never buy it anyways.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.