Zastava M92 Semi Auto Pistol

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry Zastava M92 Semi Auto Pistol

This topic contains 60 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Andrew

Something I should have mentioned earlier. If you buy one of the Zastava M92s (7.62 x 39) or M85s (5.56) and decide to install some sort of muzzle brake or any attachment you will need to install the spring detent. It is a cheap (under $10) part but it will ensure your muzzle device stays in place. Install instructions are below.

Also, the threads are 26mm not 24mm like most AKs so ensure you but a 26mm threaded device.

Andrew

Went home for lunch today and this was waiting for me. No time to mess with it. Will mess with it this evening when I get home from work. I am hoping that I can remove the brace part and use it interchangeably with my AR pistol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1987[/ATTACH]

Andrew

I took the SB47 Stabilizing Brace to work so I could mess with it. It looks like the SB47 is just the SB15 but with the fake buffer tube attachment so it will work with the AK pistols. I was able to detach the brace from the fake buffer tube (see below) and I am fairly certain I will just be able to place the brace on my AR pistol when I get home. If that is indeed the case then there is no reason to ever but the SB15. You can just buy the SB47 and remove the brace from the fake tube. If you ever resell it you will be able to market it to both the AR and AK crowd.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1988[/ATTACH]

Andrew

So I have had the opportunity to mess with the SB47 Stabilizing Brace

Zastava M92 PAP AK Pistol with SB47 mount installed
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1989[/ATTACH]

Zastava M92 PAP AK Pistol with SB47 mount and Stabilizing Brace installed
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1990[/ATTACH]

Now that all that is done I went ahead and removed it and but just the brace part of my AR Pistol. It is very difficult to get the brace AR Pistol buffer tube.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1991[/ATTACH]

bajarider

Ok, so now that you just about have me talked into buying either an Ak, or Ar pistol, which do you like better? I am leaning towards the Ak pistol, due to the price, and the fact that it will just be a “beat around” gun. I kind of like the Ar because I think it should be more accurate, right? (Yeah I know, Chocolate or Vanilla, Chevy or Ford?)

Then again, I could go Ak first, then if I keep it hidden fromt he wife long enough, snap up an Ar too. “What honey? New gun? Noooo, I have had this forever…” OR, “No baby, its not mine, I am just holding it for a friend because his wife doesn’t know he bought it.” Hmmm, Now to put this plan into action…

Andrew

The ballistics for the 5.56×45 out of a short barrel is not that good. The ballistics for the 7.62×39 is not bad out of a short barrel.

The number of accessories, rail systems, etc. for each is pretty much equal.

There is much more info out there for the AR pistol.

If you plan on going without a stock or the Stabilizing brace then do not get the AR since you are stuck with a buffer tube.

That is the info I have.

If yo have specific questions that are not addressed here just ask.

bajarider

Thanks a lot for the info Andrew! I reckon I will start with an AK pistol first, then when I can afford it I will pick up an AR. I do like the stabilizing brace, and a stock would be handy to have (I would like a SBR someday), but I think I will start with something simple and just add a few improvements. You all have about convinced me that it would be handy to have something a little “bigger” than my pistols, but smaller than the rifles. Just in case I am in the wrong place when SHTF, and since I am in Atlanta, its always the wrong place to be.

Andrew

I think thr m92 with stab brace is a good place to be.

Sent from my phone using an app

Andrew

You can always upgrade parks an pieces as money flows in. Problem is, I can’t find an entry level Zastava M92 on sale right now. I found one with the SB47 and a Krink muzzle brake already installed. Not that $529 is a bad deal for the gun but it might be above the cost point you are looking for.

Yugo Zastava PAP M92PVB AK Style Pistol, Krinkov Pattern, 7.62×39, with Stabilizer Brace, New.

bajarider

That’s the one I am looking at! I can work with that price, plus the chances of the price going up is better than it going down. One of the bigger gun shows are coming to Atl. this weekend, and I am going to price check before I buy online.

Andrew

If you ever plan on buying the SB47 or the SB15 then this is a good deal. The SB 15 is just the SB 47 without the AK 47 attachment. They both cost $125. A muzzle brake ans dent pin, even a cheap muzzle break, will set you back $40. And all those cost or before shipping. The lowest I’ve seen the lowest i have seen the Zastava M92 for is $399. So paying $125 more to get the SB47, muzzle brake and the detent pin is a good deal. You can likelly sett the muzzle brake and SB47 FOR $100-$125 if you decide you don’t like them.

Sent from my phone using an app

Andrew

@bajarider 17361 wrote:

That’s the one I am looking at! I can work with that price, plus the chances of the price going up is better than it going down. One of the bigger gun shows are coming to Atl. this weekend, and I am going to price check before I buy online.

Baja, Did you end up buying one of the Zastava M92 AK 47 Pistols?

vtwingoodies

@andrew.anderson 17075 wrote:

I took the SB47 Stabilizing Brace to work so I could mess with it. It looks like the SB47 is just the SB15 but with the fake buffer tube attachment so it will work with the AK pistols. I was able to detach the brace from the fake buffer tube (see below) and I am fairly certain I will just be able to place the brace on my AR pistol when I get home. If that is indeed the case then there is no reason to ever but the SB15. You can just buy the SB47 and remove the brace from the fake tube. If you ever resell it you will be able to market it to both the AR and AK crowd.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1988[/ATTACH]

Can you give me an idea on how you removed the “fake tube” from the brace. I purchased the SB15 and received the 47 by mistake. I actually like the 47 better.
    So… how did you remove it?
    Thanks.

Andrew

With lots of patience. I actaully slowly twisted it off. It took about 30 minutes; including breaks.

vtwingoodies

@andrew.anderson 20440 wrote:

With lots of patience. I actaully slowly twisted it off. It took about 30 minutes; including breaks.

Thanks, much appreciated!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.